From crazy squatters to different animals lurking on the property…from a machete-wielding weirdo to a suspicious-looking neighbor, today’s guest has seen it all. Listen as Julie Nikolaou shares her outrageous and eventful experiences with a bank owned property she’s currently handling in Appleton, Wisconsin.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:37 – Introducing Julie
- 00:59 – Julie deals with bank owned properties (OREO)
- 01:43 – The start of Julie’s story
- 02:03 – The ‘caretakers’ were not supposed to be in the property
- 02:15 – They were squatters
- 03:05 – Turned out to be “artists”
- 03:40 – Julie told them “Get evicted or leave on your own”
- 03:55 – Meeting the executor of the estate
- 04:02 – There had been death in the property
- 05:11 – There were many creatures and ‘habitats’ in the property
- 05:37 – The pond
- 05:57 – The horses next door had been attacked by someone with a machete
- 06:31 – Finding about the old owner of the place
- 07:22 – People coming out to the property to take things
- 07:47 – The prior owner tried to buy a wife from Mexico
- 09:03 – Did the owner die or did something happen
- 10:30 – Neighbor said the prior owner tried to sell his car
- 11:37 – The executor warns Julie of the neighbor
- 12:35 – The squatters finally left the property
- 13:10 – Julie started cleaning
- 16:07 – Connect with Julie at RPM Homes
- 17:17 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- OREO properties sometimes have unwanted occupants.
- You’ll never know what happens on a property visit!
- Foreclosures are not always readily available.