Have you ever had your client turn out to be a major player in a drug cartel? Todd Ferris has. Listen in to this week’s episode of and he’ll tell you all about it.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:33 – Introducing Todd Ferris
- 01:10 – Todd is married to Megan Ferris
- 02:01 – Todd’s top 3 list
- 02:08 – Guns, drugs, and a potential kidnapping situation
- 02:30 – Todd and his wife were visiting a property
- 02:39 – There’s a guy on the couch with a gun
- 02:50 – Apparently he was a security guard and did not know about their visit
- 03:35 – Todd was working with a rental home
- 03:50 – A family was looking for a rental home and they signed the lease
- 04:08 – After 2 months, Todd got a call from the landlord about the tenant
- 04:20 – Todd saw on TV that the family was involved in a drug cartel
- 05:25 – Todd maintained his professionalism and resolved the situation
- 06:15 – #1 on Todd’s list
- 07:08 – Went to show a house with a client, but the seller—in nothing more than a robe—was still in the house
- 07:48 – The robed-seller followed Todd and his client all around the house during the showing
- 10:00 – Reach Todd here or email him. Follow his Facebook and Twitter
- 11:15 –Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Get the seller OUT of the house before the showing.
- If your clients seem seedy, it might be worth doing a background check.
- Always stay professional.