What would you had an open-house scheduled, but hours before it’s supposed to start, you show up to find the place littered with empty beer bottles and naked people from a Halloween house party thrown the night before? Paula Clark can tell you what she did in that situation during this week’s episode.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:31 – Introducing Paula
- 02:51 – Paula’s crazy story
- 03:09 – A bachelor selling his home contacted Paula
- 03:39 – Paula told him her plans for selling the house—which included an open house
- 03:45 – Seller called Paula to inform her of his Halloween party
- 04:23 – Paula wanted to push the open house (originally scheduled for the day after the party) to another day, but the client refused
- 05:10 – Paula arrived at the house at 10:30 AM
- 05:28 – After ringing the bell a few times she hears laughing and giggling
- 05:44 – Paula peeped in the window and saw naked men and women running around
- 06:05 – The client answered the door
- 06:27 – At the same time, the cleaning crew Paula had scheduled arrived
- 06:36 – Crew refused to work because of the naked people running around
- 06:50 – Paula told the client to throw them out of the house
- 07:27 – As Paula is going through the house, she looks over and sees a naked, erected guy, passed out on the couch
- 08:20 – Right then, the first open house visitor showed up and rang the doorbell
- 08:32 – Paula had nothing else to do so she threw a blanket over the man, and told the visitors the house doesn’t come with the man
- 09:00 – 20 visitors checked the open house and the man didn’t move an inch the whole time
- 09:15 – The house eventually got sold
- 09:18 – The current owner’s sister is now Paula’s buyer’s agent
- 09:49 – You can’t always control the situation
- 10:30 – Reach Paula on her website or call/text her at 201-280-0056
- 11:17 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- The show must always go on—even in the face of naked men.
- If your gut tells you to move the showing or open house—MOVE IT.
- Sometimes, you just have to smile and laugh.