“When there’s something strange…in your neighborhood…who you gonna call?”—ever since dealing with some ghost-hunting clients and selling a haunted house, Colin Cameron has been singing the Ghostbusters theme song big time.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:39 – Introducing Colin Cameron
- 01:03 – Colin is operating in Southern Pennsylvania, about an hour from Baltimore
- 01:50 – 2 years ago is when Colin jumped into the real estate business
- 02:18 – One Sunday morning, Colin got a call from a pre-approved client, Pam, using a USDA loan
- 03:10 – Pam wanted to buy a house listed for $ 115,000
- 03:25 – Right off the bat, Colin could tell Pam wasn’t usual thanks to her email address—“rikihealer”
- 03:52 – Todd and Pam met at the house
- 04:08 – As they go through the house, Pam keeps her boyfriend Steve on FaceTime
- 04:10 – Colin had to sell the house via FaceTime
- 04:40 – This was Colin’s first sale, they put in an $80K bid, got the house
- 05:33 – As it turned out, Pam is a ghost-hunter
- 06:20 – Pam continues to do business with Todd, so they show another house out in the boonies of Pennsylvania—Pam loved the house, Steve wasn’t sure
- 06:50 – Put in a bid, got the house
- 07:10 – That’s when Todd starting having trouble getting a hold of Pam
- 07:20 – Todd went out with his daughter in the grocery store
- 07:25 – Gets tapped on the shoulder by an acquaintance of Steve
- 07:30 – He told him that Steve died that day
- 07:45 – Steve had a heart failure but survived
- 08:13 – Pam called Todd about the appointment
- 08:25 – Pam wanted to continue with the purchase because Steve didn’t die
- 09:44 – They signed the contract and bought the house
- 10:51 – Pam did pre-occupation
- 11:13 – They’ve now lived there for 18 months
- 11:25 – Todd doesn’t know how old the house is
- 11:54 – Pam figured out that the house is hunted
- 12:20 – They’re having ghost tours in their house
- 13:04 – Pam and Steve’s Gettysburg Ghost Exchange
- 13:15 – Find Colin on Facebook or google him
- 13:35 –Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Learn how to manage transactions early.
- Always try to help your client—no matter how different their lives may be.
- Be prepared for your clients’ to die.