Realtors aren’t supposed to be morticians, right? But what if you’re asked to confirm if the home seller is really dead? That’s the story today’s guest Jean Richer is here to share!
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:37 – Introducing Jean
- 00:49 – Jean comes from Ontario, Canada
- 01:32 – Start of Jean’s story
- 01:55 – The other agent didn’t want to meet
- 02:14 – The agent was supposed to show up to the property at noon
- 02:32 – 4 o’clock still no answer
- 02:53 – The agent had until 6pm to reject or accept the offer
- 03:00 – The agent calls the owner’s brother
- 03:23 – Agent asks Jean to accompany her to the house
- 04:10 – It was odd – the TV was still on
- 04:14 – They walked in and called the owner’s name
- 04:40 – Jean peeks through the bedroom
- 04:50 – Jean sees the owner’s feet under the covers sticking up
- 05:10 – The owner is lying on his back with his hands on his chest
- 05:25 – Jean thought he’s dead
- 05:47 – 911 asks them to touch him to see if he’s REALLY dead
- 06:05 – The other realtor volunteers
- 06:19 – The police came and drilled Jean and the agent why they were inside
- 06:40 – The worst part
- 07:00 – They call the other realtor to say the deal is dead
- 07:33 – The owner died of heart attack
- 09:45 – Connect with Jean on his website, facebook, twitter, youtube, and instagram
- 10:08 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Sometimes, you run into a dead body…seriously.
- When something doesn’t feel right, trust your gut.
- Don’t enter a house alone if it’s possible.