In this episode, Leigh interviews Kristina Rhodes, a realtor from Indiana who works for FC Tucker Emge. Kristina has been in real estate for 17 years and, at the same time, has volunteered for Make a Wish. Listen to find out how realtors are making the effort to help their communities while hustling in the world of real estate. Kristina also shares how being a volunteer to Make a Wish has impacted Kristina’s real estate brand, career, and life.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:21 – Introduction for today’s episode
- 00:34 – Leigh introduces Kristina Rhodes
- 00:58 – Kristina works for FC Tucker Emge, in Indiana, and has been in real estate for 17 years
- 01:46 – Kristina contacted Leigh to share about the Good Neighbor Program
- 01:53 – The program is exclusively for realtors
- 02:00 – Every year, 5 out of 1M realtors are chosen to be awarded
- 02:07 – The award is reserved for realtors who do good for their community
- 02:17 – Some Good Neighbor nominees go to Africa to give clean water to villages
- 02:25 – There are also realtors supporting veterans, homeless, and those who need help
- 02:42 – Some realtors fight for rights and awareness
- 03:01 – There is not enough positive press out there about realtors
- 03:28 – The Good Neighbors Society work all year long
- 03:48 – Kristina has been a volunteer for Make a Wish for 17 years
- 04:32 – Kristina talks about how Make a Wish impacted her brand in real estate
- 05:20 – When Kristina first became a volunteer, she didn’t know what to expect
- 05:29 – In 17 years, each child that they serve teaches Kristina something
- 07:08 – Kristina simply wants to spread the message that realtors are not just realtors, they do more than just real estate
- 07:23 – There are so many realtors out there doing something good
- 07:40 – Leigh is promoting #MoreThanHouses
- 08:59 – Connect with Kristina at 812-305-3914
- 09:06 – If you know a realtor who is making an impact in society, you can contact Kristina
- 09:13 – Realtors who want to learn more about Good Neighbor and Volunteering Works, Kristina will connect you
- 09:24 – The National Association of Realtors has grants available to support realtors with their projects
- 10:29 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Realtors need to be recognized not only for their work, but for how they are making a difference in this world, too.
- Many realtors help several causes, charities, and local needs in a variety of ways.
- The National Association of Realtors provide grants that can help realtors with their projects – all you need to do is inquire about it.