Have you been caught with a red Solo cup? Melissa Lynn Hunt, a photographer and incredible mentor changing the lives of teens in Concord, NC, shares some life skills she teaches her students - including social media etiquette and self-defense, to name a few. She’s deeply aware of her purpose and is propelled by the understanding that business should be done through service, not just by transaction. Listen in to learn the top four things Melissa looks for in an agent - and learn a few things you can do to deepen personal and business relationships in your own life.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Melissa Lynn Hunt and what real estate has brought to her life; she’s in Concord, NC
- 03:00 - She is a photographer, an artist, and has a project going on that changes lives
- 06:00 – On looking at business as a service to others, not just transactionally
- 07:00 - She’s a high school senior portrait photographer; she noticed that the girls had problems and she had advice as a middle person between mom and teen
- 08:00 - She teaches life skills in her program for girls like social media etiquette, car troubles, financial prep, self-defense, and more
- 12:00 - They’re taught to control their space and outcomes, just like real estate
- 15:00 - Melissa’s perspective as a buyer
- 16:00 - The top four things she looks for when looking for an agent; community feedback (friends), connection, trust and commitment
- 18:00 - She got a text message from her real estate agent and remembers feeling so special; make your clients feel taken care of
- 19:00 - Be likable and attentive - that’s what people look for
- 21:00 - Millenials: Eye contact!
- 23:00 - On Generation Z and the rise of technology enabling us to step back and do old-school things like handwritten notes
- 25:00 - Write handwritten notes; it feels good and people love it
- 28:00 - How to reach Melissa: On Instagram @melissalynnhunt or on her website
3 Key Points
- Confidence changes everything.
- Find a way to positively impact your community.
- Help others get better and improve.