Do you smell something suspicious? Karissa Winstead, a REALTOR® in Northeast Tennessee did, but she never said anything and still sold the house. With a two-year-old, a home being built, and all kinds of consolidating and organizing, Karissa’s got her hands full – but that doesn’t stop this powerhouse woman from managing her time effectively and helping her clients. Listen in to hear Karissa’s pass-off story and pot-house story - and learn what she did in each case to smoothly handle each situation.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Karissa, a REALTOR® in and around Johnson City, Tennessee
- 01:15 - She was a reporter and news producer for over seven years and has been a REALTOR® for about a year and a half
- 02:00 - They are in the middle of building their house
- 03:50 – On accumulating junk
- 04:10 - There was a lot of knick-knacks in storage that she needed to get rid of when she moved
- 05:00 – Karissa’s surprise when entering real estate
- 05:12 - The scheduling was a big shift
- 06:45 – Karissa’s CSIRE story
- 07:00 - The pass-off house; they had two agents that had worked with a client before and two others joined
- 07:45 - She reflects that she should’ve seen the red flag of agents passing the client off to another
- 07:55 - The woman canceled the appointment as they were pulling into her driveway; they told her they were already there and were at least coming in
- 08:05 - Her friend that was there said Karissa could have it; it was a 3-hour listing appointment because the woman couldn’t stay focused; her house was messy
- 08:50 - She had a storage unit full of stuff in the front yard and her dying mother was in the house as well
- 09:20 - The woman fired Karissa but was then confused with why Karissa didn’t want to work with her again; she worked with 5 or 6 agents at the office
- 09:45 - She was a nice lady but couldn’t seem to work with people; Karissa doesn’t know if she ever ended up buying/selling
- 11:15 – Karissa’s “pot-house” CSIRE story
- 11:35 - She was referred and went to the listing appointment; her friend was there to help since the woman was out of town
- 11:45 - The home smelled like weed; she had showings and other people noticed the smell, too
- 12:15 - She sold the house but never mentioned the smell
- 12:50 – How to get in contact with Karissa: go to her website www.karissawinstead.com
3 Key Points
1.) It’s always something different!
2.) Some people just aren’t ready to be helped.
3.) Time management is important as a successful agent!