In some ways, the world is in 2020 and the real estate industry is in 1990. Lynn Leegard, the President and Co-Founder of TrustFunds is on a mission to change that with electronic earnest money transactions so we can finally ditch paper checks for good. Listen in to hear her inspiration for starting TrustFunds and learn why likeability and trust in an agent are more important than their ability to catch buying signals.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes
- 01:00 – Introducing Lynn, a real estate attorney, broker, developer, and the president and co-founder of TrustFunds, a company that makes the earnest money process electronic
- 01:30 - She’s been in the industry for 35 years
- 02:20 - She sold real estate for 4 years, then went back to law school
- 03:05 – Her business
- 03:10 - She saw the frustration in the market because of paper checks; she created TrustFunds and now they do electronic earnest money
- 04:20 - The industry had already figured out electronic documents and signatures, it’s only natural that the next progression would be electronic checks
- 05:10 – Millennials are used to technology but most REALTORS® are an average of 56 years old; there’s a generational divide
- 06:20 - TrustFunds is simple and easy; they’re integrated right into the MLS
- 07:45 - Ask your REALTOR® or MLS about it
- 08:15 – Lynn’s CSIRE story
- 08:20 - Once you’re in the industry, it’s hard to leave; Lynn loves it and enjoys the challenge and variety it provides
- 09:35 - You never have all the answers; you just have to jump in and do it
- 10:15 - She had a top executive as a client, they looked at several townhouses, and he was giving her buying signals that she was totally missing
- 11:00 - It wasn’t until he said, “I think this is where we write the purchase agreement” that she caught on
- 12:00 - The client stuck with her because he liked and trusted her; people buy from people they like
- 12:20 – Lessons
- 12:30 - Support is good in life
- 12:35 - Likeability is important
- 13:05 – Another story
- 13:10 - 30 years ago, when she brought her husband home when they were dating, her dad said, “I think this is who we’ve been waiting for.”
- 13:50 – How to reach Lynn: TrustFunds website, or Facebook
3 Key Points
- Technology is a beautiful thing!
- The industry always provides variety and challenge.
- People buy from people they like and trust.