We’ve all heard the stories. Tracey Hawkins, “The Safety Lady”, is doing something about it. She shares real-life stories to highlight the importance of safety and security for agents on the job so she can educate and make an impact through her work. Listen in to learn her number one rule for staying safe, and hear her favorite tools and strategies so you—and your agent—always return home safe and sound.
For a 60 day trial of Agent Safe Walk, please use this link:
In the "Association" dropdown, choose "TraceyHawkins Safety Summit"
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
- 02:10 – Introducing Tracey, the “Safety Lady”
- 03:00 - She works in real estate and got her twin sister to get her license, too; Tracey opened her own safety and security business
- 04:05 - She did real estate for 5 years before shifting into safety; she knew it was an untapped market
- 05:45 - Tracey’s sister is a real estate agent and investor and has done well in the business
- 06:13 – On there being a market in the gap
- 06:30 - She heard stories from stalking to attacks; what she’s doing is invaluable and people appreciate the way she makes it realistic
- 07:40 - She lives and breathes real estate safety; she wrote a popular article about male agent safety
- 09:30 – Tracey’s CSIRE story
- 09:50 - She has a presentation with seven male agent names on a slide; each were the victim of a violent crime on the job
- 11:05 - She uses real-life stories to share the importance of safety and security in real estate
- 12:10 - Tracey shares the Beverly Carter story and why she uses it to educate agents
- 15:00 – Tracey’s advice
- 15:15 - Listen to your body, your intuition, and obey it if you feel like something isn’t right
- 16:00 - All animals have an internal security system and humans are the only ones that ignore it
- 16:08 - Recommended reading: The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- 17:30 - Tracey shares a story of someone who stole someone else’s identity; they had a funny feeling about the person but couldn’t pinpoint why
- 18:50 – On technology and being tech savvy
- 19:20 - Make it a requirement to meet face-to-face first, even if on FaceTime or Zoom; no one can make the excuse that they can’t
- 19:45 - Use safety apps; Tracey’s favorite is Agent Safe Walk because they have GPS location and a live component
- 22:20 – Find Tracey at Safety and Security Source and check out her articles in Realtor Magazine; you can also find her on Facebook
3 Key Points
- Listen to your body.
- Always see an I.D.
- Be tech-savvy.