Want to tour a home that hasn’t even been built yet? The future is here, so it’s possible! Jeff Cohn, a speaker, host of The Team Building Podcast, and founder of Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group—now kwELITE—uses the Oculus Quest to support clients in touring and customizing their dream home. Listen in to hear Jeff share the most valuable piece of advice he has received, how he grew his business while maintaining his freedom, and how he best serves his clients.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:30 - Introducing Jeff
- 04:15 - Jeff stopped selling real estate in 2014; he now teaches people how to teach people to sell real estate
- 05:10 - He grew up in the suburbs of Omaha, NE; he’s been around real estate his whole life because of his mom
- 06:35 - He is the founder of Omaha’s Elite Real Estate Group, now kwELITE with Keller Williams
- 06:45 - They grew 300% amidst the pandemic; he has sold a lot of properties
- 08:40 - Jeff’s CSIRE story
- 09:50 - In 2006 in November, he decided that he needed to interview the people he wanted to be like; he found the top 20 agents in Omaha to interview them
- 10:35 - Now, he does this with every business, and he has over 15 companies; this strategy works every time so you don’t have to reinvent the wheel
- 10:55 - Everyone he asked when he was 23 gave him investment advice; they wished they would have invested in more real estate
- 12:00 - Why the common thread was to invest
- 12:15 - Most people in real estate have a job and just think of it as work, but businesspeople think about investments and creating freedom
- 13:05 - Agents can protect their time and make moves not to work 7 days a week; create freedom and take time off to care for yourself
- 14:15 - Treat your business like a business; if you are necessary, you’re working a job
- 15:40 - How he started
- 15:45 - He primarily invests in single-family homes and has stuck with the Omaha metro area; he and a friend started Dynamic Investments, LLC
- 17:15 - His expansion strategy involves investment coaching, mortgage, insurance, and digital marketing
- 17:50 - Jeff’s CSIRE story
- 18:15 - At one of his first walk-throughs, he asked the seller if anyone else was in the house; she said no, but was older and didn’t follow him through the house
- 18:50 - He went into the finished basement and accidentally walked in on her nude 19-year-old daughter; he told the seller and she said it was no big deal
- 19:20 - The awkward part of the story is the mother’s reaction; she didn’t have one!
- 19:45 - Another CSIRE story
- 19:50 - His wife was breastfeeding his son so when he went to a listing presentation where a woman had a newborn, he could tell she was “full of milk”
- 20:40 - He blurted, “Are you breastfeeding?” and immediately regretted it; she was a complete stranger... he didn’t get the listing
- 21:05 - He tried to backpedal, but it was too late
- 22:15 - On brokerages and teams
- 22:25 - Brokerages can accept and support teams instead of viewing them as a threat; sometimes they just don’t know how to support
- 23:05 - The best teams scale knowledge; it’s all about finding the best person for your case and community
- 24:00 - Jeff uses an Oculus Quest VR headset to help clients tour homes that haven’t even been built yet; he invested in VRLY
- 30:00 - Follow Jeff on Instagram and get some freebies at www.growwithers.com
- 31:30 - Listen to The Team Building Podcast and this episode where Leigh was the guest!
3 Key Points
- Ask questions and learn from those who are where you want to be.
- Treat your business like a business!