There’s nothing like an undisclosed boundary dispute to spice up a showing! Dustin Brohm, an agent in Salt Lake City and the host of the Massive Agent Podcast, got a nice surprise when he showed up to a home with a buyer and their entire extended family. Listen in to hear Dustin share how the experience could’ve been way more pleasant — and learn a unique question to ask your REALTOR® to find out if they’re the best for the job.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
- 02:00 - Introducing Dustin, an agent of 10 years in Salt Lake City and host of the Massive Agent Podcast
- 02:50 - The first 5 years of his career was a mess; he hated what he was doing
- 03:10 - He came across content marketing and that changed everything; the concept was brand new to him and helped him attract business
- 05:05 - His jobs before real estate were dead-end jobs
- 05:50 - The content he put out: buying your first house and moving to SLC
- 06:00 - He found out what people are looking for online and focuses on things that people are looking for locally
- 08:30 - Dustin’s CSIRE story
- 09:00 - It was a concept of boundary disputes; there was a house across the street from the Utah state capital
- 09:35 - The inside was nice but they hadn’t seen the outside yet; the buyers brought three carloads of family to the showing
- 09:50 - There were signs all over the yard saying “Crook,” “Liar,” “Boundary Dispute” and profanities
- 10:55 - The neighbor was trying to derail the sale; the buyer’s agent should’ve at least been aware of the dispute to come in prepared
- 11:50 - Lessons
- 12:15 - Let the buyer’s agent know if there are any issues so they can be prepared before they walk into the craziness
- 12:45 - Communicate and avoid drama; there are plenty of opportunities to give the information buyer’s need
- 15:20 - What surprises him the most about the reactions he gets
- 15:45 - He’s surprised by how many people will never actually take action or do the work long-term
- 17:00 - Discipline creates motivation, but some people just aren’t disciplined or motivated
- 18:10 - The best agents have great routines and are motivated and disciplined
- 18:45 - How to reach Dustin: Massive Agent Podcast, on Facebook or on Instagram
3 Key Points
1.) Put content out there that people want to see.
3.) Ask your REALTOR® about their daily routine.