Don’t forget to flush, people! Nick Kyte, an 8-year agent in the Ottawa, Canada area, stumbled across an unwelcomed guest when taking his clients through a walk-through. Listen in to hear why Nick now carries around a backpack of cleaning supplies — and learn why kindness, cleanliness, and emotional resilience will never go out of style.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
20:30 - How to reach Nick: his website, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
- 01:00 - Introducing Nick, an agent of 8 years in the greater Ottawa, Canada area
- 02:00 - Before real estate, he worked for the federal government and for a hospital in the HR department/labor relations
- 03:30 - The overlap between HR and real estate
- 03:35 - Your day to day is never the same, the pros and cons change daily, emotions change, and situations can change quickly, too
- 05:45 - On keeping a buyer focused on the prize
- 05:50 - Everyone’s different but must stay motivated; if the timing isn’t right, take a break
- 06:30 - Everyone’s going through the same thing; we’re going through it together
- 08:40 - Nick’s CSIRE story
- 09:35 - He was showing property and arrived a bit early; he wanted to ensure the sellers or another agent wasn’t inside
- 10:00 - The door opened and he fell almost two steps; the man came to the door just in his underwear and it was freezing
- 10:35 - He told his clients and was laughing; they waited until the man was ready and came back for the showing
- 11:40 - The house wasn’t the right fit
- 12:00 - Another CSIRE story
- 12:05 - He was showing a property late last year and was limited to 30 minutes and only the two buyers that would be on the title
- 12:40 - He rang the doorbell and was met by the agent at the time; they said they’d be done in a minute
- 13:00 - He went in COVID-compliant, went into the bathroom to turn on the light, and there was a poop in the toilet
- 13:45 - Flush, people!
- 14:00 - Lessons
- 13:40 - He carries around cleaning supplies so he is prepared
- 16:00 - Another CSIRE story
- 16:05 - He was inside a gorgeous house, and his client said he thought someone was outside; in the back patio peeking in was a man, wife, and a mother
- 17:00 - They kept looking around and the people kept peering in through the windows; it impacted the way the home was perceived
- 19:20 - There’s what we control and what others do
- 19:30 - You can have a process with clients
- 20:15 - Let your REALTOR® help you manage emotions, clean up after yourself, and be kind when you’re receiving help
3 Key Points
1.) Know when to take a break.
2.) Stay motivated.
3.) Don’t forget to flush (and wash your hands)!