Nobody wants to be shamed in the public! Today’s guest, Kevin Tengan, will talk about the time another realtor not only publically harassed him for not signing some paperwork, but chased him out of the house and down the block!
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:37 – Introducing Kevin
- 01:11 – Kevin’s crazy story
- 01:18 – Kevin was previewing properties in a neighborhood
- 01:24 – Went into one house, the agent was in there, working on her laptop—she told him to sign in on the “open house sign-in” sheet
- 01:50 – Kevin walked around and left, but didn’t sign the sheet—he has no legal or moral obligation too
- 02:02 – Realtor called out Kevin for not signing the sign-in sheet
- 02:40 – To which Kevin said “it was a public open house…I don’t have to sign anything”
- 03:04 – Kevin turned around and just kept walking away from the woman
- 03:20 – Realtor followed Kevin down the street, didn’t stop shouting
- 03:40 – The realtor left the house unattended
- 04:06 – Only when Kevin was several blocks away did she stop
- 04:46 – A professional realtor should always greet people
- 05:09 – It’s not illegal to not sign a sign-in sheet
- 05:55 – Reach Kevin at 808 725 2400 or on his website
- 06:16 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at www.crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Not all realtors are friendly and accommodating.
- It’s NOT illegal to not sign a sign-in sheet at an open house.
- Don’t ever leave a house showing unattended.