In this episode, Leigh welcomes Veronica Figueroa, a realtor based in Orlando, Florida to the Crazy $hit stage! Veronica will talk about her crazy encounters with squatters, agents gone rogue, and agents who flat-out can’t control their temper when they sale goes south. She will also share her most important insights and advice for dealing with foreclosures, short-sales, and possible recessions.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:27 – Introducing Veronica Figueroa
- 01:01 – Veronica is based in Orlando, Florida and she’s been doing real estate since 2001
- 01:08 – Contact the Figueroa Team at figueroateam.com
- 01:43 – Every day you experience more crazy shit in real estate
- 02:10 – All people in real estate can definitely share a story or two
- 02:43 – People don’t realize that squatters are a real issue
- 03:22 – Realtors wear many hats
- 04:31 – Veronica’s squatter stories included being threatened to be killed with a baseball bat if she reclaimed the house
- 04:50 – Veronica talks about an agent who wanted a property with squatters
- 05:53 – What you really experience in real estate is something never taught in textbooks
- 06:55 – Not all realtors disclose the facts to their clients
- 07:15 – The agents who succeed in real estate are those who aren’t exclusively after money
- 08:04 – A professional realtor should disclose foreclosures
- 08:42 – Pros and cons of foreclosures
- 09:10 – “What makes a home is a roof over your head with your loved ones”
- 10:07 – Leigh discuss stock trading, and how you aren’t allowed to handle other people’s money if you declare bankruptcy
- 11:46 – Veronica’s biggest joy is to help families who have gone through a foreclosure own a home again
- 12:06 – Veronica shares her short-sale experience
- 13:06 – Leigh discusses her lessons learned from 2008
- 13:56 – “It’s never fun to see families lose their homes. It’s never fun to see families break up over financial matters”
- 14:57 – How millennials take on home ownership
- 15:20 – Live within your means
- 15:47 – Be prepared for the next recession
- 16:07 – “You can’t out hustle hard work”
- 16:57 – For Orlando, Florida real estate needs, call Veronica and her team at 407 625 3749
- 17:08 – Veronica’s personal phone is 407 301 9574
- 17:38 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Real estate isn’t how it seems in HD TV.
- Always disclose everything to your clients.
- Be prepared – you never know when the next recession is.