In this episode, Leigh interviews Nicole Solari, a realtor from Napa Valley, California who has made a remarkable record selling 191 real estate units in just 1 year. Listen as Nicole shares two nerve-wracking experiences with the same house—she discovers the house’s dark past and not-so-bright future, as she had to shoo away a hooker and her client out of the house during a showing.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:21 – Introduction for today’s episode
- 00:27 – Leigh introduces Nicole Solari
- 00:50 – Nicole is a Boston qualifier
- 01:04 – She has been in real estate for 3 years
- 01:08 – Nicole is based in Napa Valley, in California
- 01:30 – She sold 191 units last year amounting to $68M in sales
- 01:44 – The average realtor sells 10 houses in a year
- 02:49 – This story is the most shocking one in Nicole’s career:
- 03:00 – One of Nicole’s very first listings was a home that hadn’t been occupied for a while
- 03:14 – One day while she was there a neighbor came over to tell her the house’s story
- 03:39 – The neighbor said the home was owned by a gentleman who took care of the elderly
- 03:45 – As soon as the elderly check in, they never check out
- 03:53 – Neighbor claims that the elderly people get murdered, chopped and hidden underneath the house
- 04:02 – They found 6 bodies, 10 years later, and the mass murderer is now in jail
- 04:14 – Nicole Googled about it to be sure – lo and behold, the claims were true
- 04:28 –She wasn’t surprised of the house’s history as Nicole felt something was weird in that house
- 04:44 – She received a call from a couple and showed the house
- 05:01 – She opened the house and turned on the light – there was a pink book bag down the hallway
- 05:09 – She heard noises but continued to go up the master’s bedroom
- 05:14 – She saw a hooker on the floor with a man in the corner, smoking
- 05:28 – Nicole walked out immediately and yelled that she would call the police
- 05:33 – They didn’t leave
- 05:45 – 45 mins later, Police knocked and they didn’t come out
- 06:01 – K9s were released
- 06:15 – The hooker and the old man came running out – buttnaked
- 06:30 – Police chased them
- 06:40 – Finally the police woman tackles them, holds out her gun and says, “Give me a reason to shoot you, I’m on my period!”
- 06:55 – It was the most hilarious thing for Nicole
- 08:22 – Nicole now researches about the houses before she lists them
- 09:25 – Connect with Nicole at 707-486-5400 or on Instagram and Twitter
- 09:40 – Email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10:14 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Being in real estate for a short time does not necessarily mean you’re less experienced.
- Always do a background check first about the homes you’re about to list.
- Follow your intuition—it’s there for a purpose and oftentimes, it never hurts to do your due diligence.