Public Service Announcement: Please keep your junk in your pants or in your trunk. Seem obvious? Not to Katie Townsend’s client! Katie’s a long-time REALTORÒ in Parsons, Tennessee who learned a valuable lesson about safety early in her career. Tune in to hear what she saw, what she learned, and why she’s a better professional because of it.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:45 – Introducing Katie, a REALTORÒ of 15 years in Parsons, Tennessee who owns her own firm
- 01:45 – She will be president of her association next year
- 04:20 – On buying and selling real estate
- 04:40 – It’s a very professional business; the consumer is getting wiser and people in the industry who are professional thrive
- 05:20 – People don’t know what goes on at the back-end
- 07:30 – Katies CSIRE story
- 07:45 – It has to do with safety; a gentleman was paying cash and wanted to see remote properties
- 08:08 – On the drive, he pulled out his “junk”; she didn’t have cell service and she made an excuse to leave him ASAP
- 11:00 – What Katie has learned
- 11:15 – She could’ve been in a dangerous situation; now she leaves a list at her office and lets people know where she’s going to be
- 12:00 – She also keeps two guns with her at all times; her husband gave her a gun for Valentine’s Day, too
- 12:56 – Ask better questions before you spend alone time with clients; it makes you a better professional
- 14:48 – Be responsible for yourself
- 15:05 – How to contact Katie: her website
3 Key Points
- Buying and selling real estate is an adult job.
- Be safe – crazy things can happen!
- Ask better questions to elevate yourself as a professional.