What do you do when an angry 300-pound muscle-man screams at you to get out of your car? If you want to live to see tomorrow, you don’t. Micah Harr, a REALTOR® in Columbus, Ohio, is big on continuing education. Listen in to hear how Micah’s conflict resolution class skills came in handy and what he does to ensure his clients get the best and safest real estate experience.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 - Introducing Micah, a REALTOR® since 2005 in Columbus, OH
- 01:25 - On education
- 01:30 - In Columbus, 30 hours of ongoing education for 3 years are required; education is what separates agents
- 02:30 - He takes classes on negotiation, conflict resolution, and branding, to name a few
- 02:50 - Micah’s education allows him to serve his clients at the best level and he is happy to support others who want to learn more, too
- 04:25 - Micah’s CSIRE story
- 05:25 - He was walking down the street with another agent; he went between two cars and the guy driving screamed and cussed at him
- 06:00 - He and the other agent pulled into a cul-de-sac and the guy reversed and blocked them in
- 06:10 - The guy was about 300 pounds of muscle and asked him to get out of the car; he didn’t get out and the guy continued ranting and screaming
- 06:50 - He didn’t get out of the car and just waited until the guy eventually left
- 07:25 - Micah’s thought process
- 07:30 - It was a no-win situation; he tried to use the de-escalation strategies he learned in class and didn’t engage
- 09:15 - He went back to work and kept going
- 10:30 - REALTORS® need to be safe and ask questions so they know who they are dealing with
- 11:00 - He pays attention to the situations he is in; he’s always careful
- 11:30 - How to get in touch with Micah: go to www.micahharr.com
3 Key Points
- Stay calm.
- Knowledge is power.
- Ask your REALTOR® what they do to maintain safety.