Leave it to a young buck to set a fast pace! Garrett Gillespie, a brand-new REALTOR® in Mount Airy, Maryland, has hustled his way into the real estate industry and just earned his license. Listen in to hear Garrett share his crazy story and how he balances work, school, and fun - and hear about his bright future ahead in real estate and politics.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 - Introducing Garrett, a brand-new REALTOR®
- 01:15 - He’s based out of Mount Airy, Maryland, and became licensed at 18; he’s been in real estate for 4 years working with his mom
- 03:00 - He loved the fast-paced environment and enjoyed getting to know the business under his mom’s mentorship
- 05:30 - How Garrett strikes a balance at work
- 05:55 - He puts work first right now but is also going to school full-time and paying for it with his real estate commissions
- 06:15 - He puts his work first and is always there for his clients
- 07:45 - HIs biggest challenge
- 08:05 - It was hard to gain respect and trust at first; he makes sure he makes a great first impression
- 09:10 - People just want the best person for the job and Garrett’s determined to show that he is that person
- 09:50 - Garrett’s CSIRE story
- 09:55 - A couple of months ago, they were a few months into a short-sale transaction
- 10:20 - The agent called Garrett and told him that a car had run into the house; a woman had been texting and driving and ran into it but the story didn’t make sense
- 12:40 - His client decided to leave and got under contract for another property
- 14:15 - Garrett’s dream; he sees himself always doing real estate but he wants to become a lobbyist and get into politics
- 15:55 - The lobbyists and advocacy team at NAR are top-notch
- 16:35 - How to reach Garrett: Instagram, Facebook, and LinkedIn
3 Key Points
- Find a healthy balance between work and everything else.
- Make a good first impression.
- You need a REALTOR® — not just the internet.