Penis-shaped ice cubes, anyone? Sam Powell, real estate professional and tech nerd, found a little special something in her friend’s freezer – something so special, in fact, she decided to keep it! And just in case that story isn’t crazy enough, wait till you hear about how she and her clients accidentally crashed the Chicago marathon – two years in a row! Listen in to hear Sam’s hilarious stories and get a glimpse into the determined, passionate person she is.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:30 – Introducing Sam and her background
- 01:38 – She works in downtown Chicago but has connections throughout Illinois
- 01:50 – Their tagline is “Real answers, real people, real estate”
- 03:45 – Sam’s CSIRE story: Blue Penis Ice Cube Tray
- 04:33 – A friend passed away and she was helping the out-of-state family deal with the possessions in his property
- 04:50 – His friend got rid of pornography and personal items before the family arrived
- 05:03 – The family came and took what they wanted; Sam helped offer the rest on org and people came all day to pick up what they wanted
- 05:45 – She found a blue penis ice cube tray and decided to keep it to remember her friend
- 06:25 – The friend had passed away in his home; they learned a lot about the process through this experience and the family was very appreciative of their help
- 06:50 – Disclosing a death on a property
- 06:54 – It’s not a disclosure in Illinois or North Carolina; the man had passed away in his bed and had become a biohazard
- 08:00 – How the family took to their help
- 08:15 – Sam knew it was going to be tough for the family and she had everything necessary to make it a smooth process
- 08:40 – The family welcomed the help
- 09:45 – Another CSIRE story: Make a Run for It
- 10:00 – Right when she finished setting up an open house, she stepped in a fresh pile of dog poop; she was traumatized and considered cancelling the open house
- 11:13 – This was a clothing malfunction for the books, but she’s also had a bra unclip while she was speaking onstage (no one knew but her!)
- 12:00 – Pushing through as a professional realtor
- 12:30 – Realtors must suck it up and push through rough times because clients are depending on you
- 12:45 – Another CSIRE story
- 12:48 – She was crossing the street with clients and 10,000 runners come down the street; it was the Chicago marathon
- 13:00 – They had to cross at a diagonal, with the runners, to get across the street; one year later, the same thing happened with the same buyers
- 13:24 – She started volunteering for the marathon so she could guarantee she wouldn’t try to show clients those days
- 14:30 – How to contact Sam and her team: Her website is com; Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube
3 Key Points
- Be kinder and more trusting of your neighbors.
- Push through personal discomfort when clients are depending on you.
- Volunteering is good for the community – and can help you remember important events!