Is your open house sign-in sheet information safe? Ron Schurr, a software guy turned REALTOR®, saw that it definitely wasn’t – especially when written down with pen and paper. He learned that traditional sign-in sheets risked being captured by rogue agents and technologically captured lists risked information being shared and profiled without the consent of the consumer. Ron saw that the real estate industry desperately needed a solution to sketchy sign-in sheets so he created it! Listen in to learn about OHGuests and why it’s critical to ask where all that personal information is going.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 01:00 – Introducing Ron; he previously worked in software sales and got into real estate in 2000
- 02:30 – 60,000 agents came in at the same time, they were taught not to trust each other at that time
- 03:35 – On distrust in the industry
- 03:55 – A leader told new agents not to trust each other, which probably perpetuated competition and distrust that didn’t need to be there in the first place
- 04:45 – An old colleague of Ron’s took one of his clients; they had to backtrack and prove he had first contact at a time before cell phones
- 05:50 – Technology over paper
- 06:25 – Why people don’t sign in at an open house: Agents don’t ask, consumers don’t want nosey neighbors, there are looky-loo’s, and there are rogue agents
- 10:00 – The benefits of digital signing
- 10:05 – There are digital platforms that capture sign-ins without risking and sharing the consumers information
- 10:45 – There’s a gray area when it comes to collecting consumer data and there are negatives and positives to the consumer when they release their information
- 14:30 – Open house concerns
- 15:10 – Men can also be targeted; be aware and safe
- 15:55 – Ron’s software: OHGuests
- 16:08 – It is the most powerful open house management platform and they’re the first to market with a safety feature that allows the agents to alert people if they feel at-risk
- 16:40 – They have many security features and other beneficial tools
- 18:25 – Visit ohguests.com to learn more or email Ron at email@example.com
3 Key Points
- Hold yourself and others accountable.
- Go digital but be respectful with consumer data.
- Sign ins are important at open houses – but always ask how the information is being used.