In Episode #3, Leigh invites Manhattan real estate titan Patrick Lilly onto the Crazy Shit in Real Estate Podcast. Listen as Patrick shares one of his most embarrassing listing pitches, and gives good credence to the saying “if you break it, you buy it.”
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:20 – Introduction for episode #3
- 00:32 – today Leigh is talking to the KING of Manhattan real estate, Patrick Lilly
- 00:45 – In 32 years of selling, Patrick has seen it ALL
- 01:11 – Patrick’s the king of “real estate porn” ;)
- 01:20 – Patrick got a call for an expired listing, the day before a major holiday, and the owner wanted to meet with him
- 01:45 – Drove to Manhattan, put together a listing pitch
- 02:00 – Struggling to remember his name annnnnd forgot it!
- 02:24 – Turned out the guy was a former broker
- 02:35 – Called Patrick’s pitch bullshit
- 03:33 – Patrick destroyed the potential client’s mother’s chair
- 04:10 – This isn’t going very well, is it?
- 04:55 – Discussing life down in North Carolina
- 05:10 – If you want to learn about some of the saner aspects of real estate, check out Patrick’s Podcast, rocks
- 05:28 – A topic based podcast that visits top brokers in the field, and talks to them about their strengths, weaknesses, and inspirations
- 06:00 – Leigh has done two episodes on the RE Podcast
- 06:20 – RE Success Rocks Conference
- 06:55 – How to get in touch with Patrick? PatrickLillyTeam.com
- 07:28 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Sometimes, it’s just not going to work out with a prospective client—fate won’t allow it.
- Steer clear of antique furniture.
- Check out Patrick’s podcast to hear interviews with top brokers in the business.