It’s the final walkthrough, everyone is happy and excited about the home, until one hears shrieks coming from the clients. Paula and her clients did not anticipate what would be in the freezer that merited a very deep clean of the home upon purchase. In this episode, Leigh welcomes Paula Mathofer, president of Arizona Association of Realtors. She is a realtor in Flagstaff, Arizona and shares her crazy story with us today.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:21 – Introduction for today’s episode
- 00:36 – Leigh introduces Paula
- 01:25 – Leigh thanks Paula for all that she does for realtors in Arizona
- 01:58 – Paula practices real estate in Flagstaff, Arizona
- 02:06 – Paula lives on the mountain that had a ski resort that just closed down
- 03:01 – Paula is a practicing realtor and a mom
- 03:12 – Paula will finish her term as the president of Arizona Association of Realtors this year
- 04:48 – Paula shares her Flagstaff story
- 05:02 – Paula is 5’2 and she’s very good at climbing
- 05:40 – Paula can fit through dog doors
- 06:54 – Paula was in a house having a final walkthrough with clients
- 07:04 – The clients came out of the house freaking out and panicking
- 07:20 – The clients found a dead cat covered in tin foil on a cutting board in the freezer
- 07:38 – The house was vacant and there was nothing left
- 08:21 – Throughout the whole transaction, Paula was working with the seller’s sister
- 08:45 – The cat was actually the previous home owner’s pet that she wanted to bring and bury at her new place
- 09:34 – Paula and her partner did a deep clean of the house
- 11:58 – Paula has donated her dyed hair in the past
- 13:58 – AAR plays a one-on-one game with every member of congress and senate
- 14:06 – Realtors play a big role in the overall economy
- 14:38 – Realtors, as a culture and people, are hard-workers
- 15:30 – Find Paula at her website and email
- 16:32 – Tweet Leigh Brown for your very own crazy story in real estate
3 Key Points
- Being small in size is an advantage for realtors – they can get into almost anything.
- It’s important to deep clean the house you’re putting up for sale, especially before the final walkthrough.
- Realtors play a significant role in the success and stability of our economy.