Whorehouses and cocaine smuggling? What’s going on behind these closed doors? Rod Khleif, an entrepreneur, real estate investor, mentor, and community philanthropist has had some crazy tenants in the past, to say the least. Listen in to hear Rod share how he built—then re-built—his real estate empire, how mindset plays a role in success, and how he teaches others everything he has learned.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:50 - Introducing Rod, an entrepreneur, real estate investor, multiple business owner, author, mentor, and community philanthropist who lives in Sarasota, FL
- 01:20 - He is the host of the Lifetime CashFlow through Real Estate Investing podcast
- 02:05 - He immigrated to the U.S. from the Netherlands when he was 6 and got into real estate in college; he was a broker at 18 and did very well
- 03:00 - He thought he was a “Real Estate God”...then he lost everything in 2008; he learned that it was all about mindset and rebuilt to where he is today
- 05:00 - On mindset and psychology
- 05:10 - He hosted a goalsetting workshop to help people get out of their comfort zone to get what they want
- 06:30 - The risks are almost always worth the reward
- 07:00 - Rod’s mom
- 07:10 - She was an investor and used her babysitting money; they struggled but she held it together
- 08:00 - On teaching
- 08:10 - He’s been teaching for 3 years and his students are doing very well; he loves what he does
- 09:05 - Rod’s CSIRE story
- 09:07 - He had a house in Denver and there was a picture of it in the newspaper; the headline was “Making Money the Old-Fashioned Way”
- 09:40 - The guy living there had turned it into a whorehouse
- 10:15 - In Florida, he had a house on a canal; he got a call and found out the DEA had discovered tons of cocaine that had been transported to the house
- 11:10 - The tenant of the house had a 800+ credit score; the furniture was brand new and the maintenance people who took it out probably still have it in their homes
- 14:40 - He started a podcast about 3 years ago; he hit a million downloads, wrote a book, and now sells out educational events
- 15:50 - He can reach many more people with his coaching and podcast than anything he could’ve done one-on-one
- 16:20 - He doesn’t have many haters and hasn’t had any complaints; he did get hate for this YouTube video where he predicts a 2021 crash
- 18:15 - 2021 predictions in the multi-family space
- 18:20 - Eviction moratoriums aren’t doing anything for landlords
- 19:15 - He is astounded by fake news; he finds that what is happening is very sad
- 21:10 - People need a place to live so it’ll do better than other kinds of real estate
- 21:30 - He expects that they’ll still take a hit; real estate goes in cycles
- 22:20 - Tip for agents or brokers: Capitalize on investment opportunities and build cash flow
- 22:35 - How to connect with Rod: Text “Multifamily” or “Rod” to 41411 and join his two-day $97 boot camp
3 Key Points
- Get out of your comfort zone to get what you want.
- Love what you do!
- Real estate goes in cycles.