Humor is just way more fun! Steve Kyles, a veteran mortgage professional for Movement Mortgage, knows things can get intense sometimes, which is why he loves getting in a good laugh. Listen in to hear Steve share how he went from dead broke and drowning in debt to successful and thriving — and learn a quick tip for handling student debt in a creative way that you probably don’t know about!
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
- 01:00 - Introducing Leigh, why she started the CSIRE podcast, and how she got started in real estate
- 03:30 - The inside scoop on Leigh, why she isn’t “brand safe,” and how her podcast has evolved over time
- 05:50 - The more perfect someone is, the less trustworthy they are; the podcast is Leigh’s imperfect passion project
- 06:55 - On filling the gap in an authentic and attractive way; the person you are is your best key to a successful business
- 08:35 - Everything worth doing is worth doing imperfectly
- 09:05 - Steve lives in Rosenberg, Texas and he loves the quiet space to raise his family
- 11:00 - He’s been in real estate for 18 years since he was 25; he was dead broke at first and is now successful and still growing
- 12:45 - Make outbound calls and answer your phone
- 13:00 - Steve’s CSIRE story
- 13:30 - He’s an identical twin; he introduced his twin brother to his wife and he met his wife at their wedding, he was the best man and she was the maid of honor
- 14:00 - He and his brother’s wives are best friends, and their kids are best friends
- 15:15 - They first found a house for $6,000, they racked up a lot of debt, but stayed planted and built a successful mortgage business
- 17:35 - They went back and have since paid everyone off
- 18:10 - Another CSIRE story
- 18:25 - He sees nonsense regularly but tact and humor are used to offset the craziness; someone on his team was accused of being racist
- 22:25 - On student loans and income-deferred payment plans
- 24:25 - Why he dropped out of school and got into the mortgage business; many successful people in real estate came from the restaurant industry
- 27:00 - How to reach Steve: Shoor him a text at (713)929-2998 and find him on Instagram and Facebook
3 Key Points
1.) Don’t fear perfection.
2.) Be yourself.
3.) Take responsibility for yourself.