What can real estate teach us about leadership? Catherine Cantey, a leadership coach and investor, shares her stories about fixing up properties, partnerships, and how things are changing in our pandemic world. Listen in to hear Catherine share how she shifted from corporate to independent work, and learn the biggest lesson she’s learned as a coach that can benefit parties on either side of the table.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting https://leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
- 01:00 - Introducing Catherine, a leadership coach who’s passionate about real estate
- 03:10 - She’s done “For Sale by Owner,” likes fixer-uppers, and shares her stories
- 08:00 - They’ve built a new house in Historic Camden, South Carolina
- 09:00 - She’s on a hospital board that is renovating an old plantation home; it’s going to be an assisted living campus with events, activities, suites for guests, etc
- 11:45 - Her leadership coaching
- 12:05 - This is her way to give back to help people navigate within corporations
- 12:55 - Real estate and Zoom environments
- 15:45 - People are having to scramble for adequate work environments at home or in their car now
- 17:25 - Her leadership program and shift from corporate to independent work
- 17:45 - The most important thing during the transition: Networking
- 18:30 - She uses a methodology that works, created space, and supports her community with newsletters
- 19:45 - She remains authentic and true to who she is; she loves simplicity
- 21:45 - Buying and selling houses and the connection to leadership
- 22:00 - Listen to other people and actively listen
- 23:15 - You can talk yourself out of opportunities
- 23:50 - By quiet and let people think; some people just need processing time
- 25:50 - How to contact Catherine: her website and LinkedIn
3 Key Points
- Fixer-uppers can test your marriage!
- Show up and do what you say you’re going to do.