“You gotta show them how to do it!” Shaun Pinkston, a real estate agent & REALTOR® in Chicago, IL, shares how she shows Millennials - not just teaches them - how to make sound investments in real estate. She’s driven by her motivation to never let any of her clients deal with the negative experience she did when buying her first home and, as a result, is a powerful fiduciary for her clients and students. Listen in to hear why Shaun is “The Oldest Millennial” - and learn what she has done to help her clients stay ahead of the curve through the market’s ups and downs.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone, and never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting leighbrown.com. If you’re tired of doing real estate alone, enroll in Leigh Brown University and be sure to use your special “CSIRE” discount code at checkout for $10 off your subscription.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 02:40 – Introducing Shaun, a REALTOR® in Chicago, IL since 2004, and why she got into real estate
- 03:15 - The REALTOR® when they bought their first property changed something on the offer without telling them; her husband knew the person on the other side
- 03:40 - He asked the REALTOR® why, and she never answered; she decided she wanted to help people so that others don’t go through the same thing they did
- 04:20 - She had asked for more money on the offer, perhaps for more commission for her
- 05:00 - She has now been a fiduciary for her clients 100% since she started 17 years ago
- 06:10 - Her son wants to go to school first, then maybe get into real estate
- 07:20 - She started with short-sales and helped people rebuild after the crash
- 10:00 – Her focus on helping Millenials
- 10:45 - She loved listening to the Erin Bradley episode (#184)
- 11:35 - People need to become wise and get experience; Millennials need help in avoiding pitfalls so they can get to the end and win
- 12:20 - She does group events and just hosted one called “Millennials Investing in Real Estate”; almost 40 people showed up and they were expecting 20
- 13:45 – On her investments and teaching
- 14:00 - They teach people because they’ve done it for the past 17 years; they help them with budgeting and offers based on experience
- 15:00 - Her husband is a contractor, which also helps; she’s a Millennial REALTOR® who has their back
- 15:45 – Shaun’s CSIRE story
- 16:00 - It was shocking to see the conditions of some of the short-sale homes
- 17:10 - Don’t let looks stop you from seeing a diamond in the rough; it can be daunting and make you want to help more
- 19:14 - They have four workshops to hand-hold through the circle of investing
- 20:30 – How to contact Shaun: Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook
3 Key Points
1.) Be a fiduciary for your clients.
2.) When you focus on helping others, everyone wins.
3.) Keep an eye out for a diamond in the rough!