Ask yourself how it would feel to stand in the same room where an abusive husband is berating his wife about money? Can you feel the tension? Can you see the danger and the risk? Cassie Wells can because she lived that exact moment. In today’s episode of CSIRE, Cassie will share her crazy story and talk about some important real estate rights you might now be aware of.
Please subscribe to this podcast in iTunes or in the Podcasts App on your phone. Never miss a beat from Leigh by visiting The Leigh Brown Experience.
Time Stamped Show Notes:
- 00:30 – Introducing Cassie Wells
- 00:41 – Cassie entered real estate in 1995
- 00:46 – Cassie works with Crye-Leike Realtors
- 01:32 – Cassie’s past client referred her daughter
- 02:01 – Her client refinanced the house and took the proceeds
- 02:16 – Cassie and the wife listed and sold the house
- 02:30 – Right before closing, Cassie was told the abusive husband was expecting cash
- 02:57 – Cassie prepared with the title lady
- 03:27 – The husband had to come in to sign for the Curtesy and Dower Rights
- 04:40 – Cassie had him sign and he asked where the check is
- 05:05 – The title lady explained the wife owned it before they got married and that the husband didn’t have any equity
- 05:28 – The husband politely left the building
- 05:48 – It’s a blessing to have different personalities in the room
- 06:42 – Make sure your realtors know all the elements in the equation things
- 08:13 – Connect with Cassie at email@example.com or call her at 501 993 1973 or check out her website
- 08:47 – Are you a listener with a crazy story to share? Ping Leigh at crazyshitinrealestate.com
3 Key Points
- Always be prepared. You never know what will happen.
- If you plan properly, there’s always a way to get out of an abusive relationship.
- Know the laws on the state you’re buying property in!